Sunday 2pm • September 18th • 2011
Members and friends are invited to participate
Call for Submissions
- Submit one work of art to the show with an exceptionally bullish valuation.
You will join others with similar exuberance.
- A painting, sculpture, drawing, sounds, design, fashion piece, found object,
poetry, old or new, anything goes. You don't have to be the creator, you can
represent another’s work, past or present.
- Display prices of your work can only be accepted with prices ranging
between £10,000 to £1,000,000. The gallery team, Ismail and David,
will happily help you do valuations.
- Each work should be submitted along with a statement by the artists, plus
title, name and price. Art works will remain wrapped until the presentation
- The presenter (artist or nominee) will announce the work and read the
short statement to the gathering of artists, guests, critics, connoisseurs
and art buyers.
Some anticipated works
- Skoob Box Installation by John Latham presented by Jenni Boswell-Jones
and Karl Birjukov, display price £350,000.
- Musical installation by Queen Mary’s engineering graduate discounted
- Dutch Moonlight Townscape by Van Hier revealed by David Sherriff at
- Oxygen Cylinder Installation presented by Ismail Saray, valued at
- Coat hanger by John Kaine at £60,000.
The show is about optimism, after which the outcome will be either mollified
or celebrated with suitable drinks. After the ‘excessive optimism’
presentation event all works will be on display (with creator permissions) for
a public viewing and retrieved by their ‘new owners’ at the end of
Attendance at the event is £10 • £12 for non-members
(whether submitting a work or not). Let David or Jenni know your space
requirements before 11th September. Works suitably wrapped can be delivered,
by arrangement, at least 2 days in advance by 16th September.